Of course there are mini disasters too, like slipping or twisting ITY knit hems and unraveling stitches. Despite being warned by blogless Rebecca from the Sewers Guild, I didn't take too much notice of how I tied off my cover stitching and now have to re-sew the hem on Adele's new knit dress. I've since found this tutorial and it seems to work.
Naturally I had to test my new tying off skills, so made a new simple tee.
Skirt as a Top as I quite like a simple kimono sleeve tee. This is a one size pattern which Kristen indicates is small to medium, but like other sewers I think its definitely a size small. I added about 2cms to the width of both the front and back as I wanted a looser fit and it fits well, but not too loose, especially around the bust.
This photo shows my stripe matching and my poor posture and that is not a bump! Eww!
I also raised the neckline by an inch or so and added cuffs.
I can only get better, and then I can tackle these knits.
And perhaps play around with my new binder, well, if I can get husband to knock up a base plate.
Have a great week!
Pattern: Free Scoop top pattern from Skirt as a Top
Fabric: 1m striped knit from The Remnant Warehouse approx. $8.95
Thread from stash