Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Single Girl Quilt

This quilt is divine. But sadly, I didn't make it.
I wanted to, but realised I probably didn't have the attention span or time or adequate attention to detail to do so. Instead, I asked mum to make it for me. She has made three quilts for us now. One for Adele and two for the boys. This one is for me. Maybe the husband will get one next...
I purchased the fabric for this quilt last year. Most is Denyse Schmidt Flea Market Fancy. Some is from the Denyse Schmidt Spotlight collection. I love the mix of fabric colours and I love the white. Mum even quilted this for me!
I'm so happy to have this on my couch for winter.

Thanks Mum!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Christy! Can your Mum make me one too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! What a fantastic Mum! Our handmade quilts (by mu Mum) are our favourite things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very lucky to have such a talented mum :) Amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - so lucky to have your Mum make it. She did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this pattern, I have had it since I started sewing, but I don't have the patience for it either

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift from mom! I am not a huge fan of quilting either. I did make a quilt top, erm, three years ago. I've yet to to quilt it, though. I may have to pay someone to do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you can ask your Mum to make you a quilt! Very lucky. Sewing skills obviously run in your family.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mum is great, does she take commissions :). I am still waiting for my mum to finish my engagement quilt! That quilt is lovely and very you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! You're Mum is tops, that was a big project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)