Monday, February 18, 2013

Simple Stretchy Maxi Skirt

This skirt was so ridiculously easy to make, it's almost insulting for me to post about it here for you fine sewing folk to read.
I've wanted a maxi skirt for a while. I'm keen to wear this to school on cooler days or when I don't want to show my legs. I also tested this at a mozzie infested park on the weekend with the kids and it certainly minimised the number of bites on my legs.

The fabric was purchased from the Fabric Store at our last social. The skirt was a breeze to knock together. I simply sewed a flared tube to the approximate measurement of my hip, then turned the skirt inside out to shape from hip to waist by pinning, then sewing. The waistband is finished with thick elastic, zig zagged on. Ridiculously easy and super comfy!

Cost
Pattern: Self drafted = Free
Fabric: (I lost my receipt from the Fabric store! boo! I'm guessing the fabric was $18 pm with 50% off. I was charged for 1.8 meters due to a fault.) 1.2m = $10.80
Elastic: $1
Total: $11.80

4 comments:

  1. A maxi skirt is a great option going into autumn. I am sure it will get lots of wear and what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I bought:( a couple of maxi dresses that I wear all the time to school and they are really comfy. I just throw a cardy over the top to stop the beachy look and bobs your uncle. I have the Mission Maxi dress pattern and will give that a try. Your stripes really make that skirt. Great fabric buy and easy pattern. Win-win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this fabric as a maxi skirt. You can wear this for lots of reasons but warding off mozzies is the top of the list in my books.
    Great skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just because it's simple doesn't mean it's not worth being shown off :) Your maxi looks great and that fabric is nice! Maxis are so comfy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)