Thursday, January 24, 2013

Valerie

The Tessuti Valerie top. I swear Colette should have called this the 'Christy top'. I don't think pattern could possibly scream my style any more! Needless to say there will be many of these in my future.
There aren't that many pages to stick together and the pattern itself comes together quickly and easily.
I don't often wear higher necklines, but I love this style and the gathers are just awesome! Subtle, but a super cool and flattering feature. Just what I need for skinny trousers and pencil skirts.
I experimented with my photography today. In summer, my backyard is ridiculously sunny with just a hint of shade along the fence line. Where is best to take photos?? Can someone offer some advice or an opinion?
The only changes I made to the pattern was to slightly take in the sides, as there was a little too much ease for me and I used double fold binding as the fabric was very light and otherwise tricky.
This fabric is a silk crepe from The Remnant Warehouse. I asked Rachel to get it for me, so that I wouldn't be tempted into purchasing any more fabric. There is clearly more room for fabric in my stash given my holiday productivity, but I want to save myself for our Tessuti shop-a-thon. Speaking of whick - Are you coming?

Cost:
Pattern: Tessuti Valerie Top $10
Fabric: 1.5m silk crepe from The Remnant Warehouse $17.95
Thread from stash.
Total: 27.95

9 comments:

  1. I actually thought of you when I saw this pattern. You version looks great - love the print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This style looks very swish on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I cant wait to go to the RW!! I want some of that silk!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'll be at the next sewers catch up. Can't wait to meet some fellow blogger sewers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your version Christy, it looks so lovely on you and the fabric is just perfect for this style!

    Thanks for a great review.I look forward to seeing you all on the 9th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your version. Great summer top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blouse! I like the photos by the fence. They show how gorgeous tall you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect top for your pencil skirts and skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute top! I'm totally jealous of that fabric as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)