Friday, January 25, 2013

The Craziness of Pinterest.

Like many of us, I love the time-wasting enjoyment that Pinterest can provide. However, I can't help but giggle about the fact that Pinterest has made this post, my second all-time hit post with over 15,000 hits!

Who'd have thought that so many people would be interested in a stack of vintage Pyrex bowls??
I've received many emails and Etsy convos from people interested in these bowls. Some asking for a photo of the stamp at the bottom (which for the record I'm having trouble photographing), others asking if there were more where I got them (no), their size (about 12cms in diameter) and others just offering me money for them (tempting, but no).

I've resisted selling them for now, as I think they're cute, but thought it was about time they got used.

So with a can of mashed pumpkin from my sis (we can't get this in Australia), I made pumpkin pies for dessert - YUM!
5 bowls, 5 family members - I think it was meant to be!
 
Naturally they were served with a good dollop of whipped cream.
Yum! Might go have that last slice now!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute bowls and I can waste hours/days on Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, YUM!!! They look delicious. And I'm really not surprised that they've brought all that popularity along with them - they are gorgeous bowls. I'd also be lying if I said I didn't covet them.... but you had me at 'whipped cream'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are pretty bowls - and it was the bowls and Pinterest that brought me to your lovely blog...serendipity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bowls are cute ... and there's a source for canned pumpkin - this store in Melbourne ships. I keep meanign to get clams to make a proper clam chowder. (I will when I can eat real food again)

    http://www.usafoods.com.au/Canned-Foods/Canned-Goods

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)