Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Petal Power Sundress

A little while ago I helped Marina of Wink Designs with some test patterning. Her revamped Petal Power Sundress is an easy and enjoyable make. The cute ties on the shoulders are just the right size for easy tying and wearing. I didn't make the tiered version, as I didn't have any coordinating fabric in my stash, but Adele loves this bold red dress. The bodice is made with this denim from Kelani.
I should note that the dress would be a little shorter if I'd have remembered to remove the seam allowance from the tiers that I didn't use. This is what happens when you finish dresses late in the night when little ones are fast asleep in bed!

You can get your Petal Power Sundress here on Etsy and you can get 25% off until the end of January by using the code PETAL2 - yay!!!

Happy sewing friends!

3 comments:

  1. She's looking like she join the hip crowd in that dress this summer. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute dress and such a lovely smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the lovely dress Christy and thanks for your help with it!

    Marina :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)