Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tank

Another simple top. I'm not sure about you, but I wear the simple things I make the most.
This border print, cotton poplin was from Spotlight. I like the colours, which you can see better in the last photo below. These photos are suffering from poor husband photography skills again.
I matched the fabric pattern at both sides with little trouble, which is nice for a change. I used Grainline's Tiny Pocket tank pattern, leaving off the pocket - easy peasy.
I have another 4 finished items to show you, but am struggling to photograph them as they always seem to be in the wash or it's night time when I remember. Hopefully soon.

Cost:
Pattern: Grainline Tiny Pocket tank. Used before = free
Fabric: 1m Cotton poplin from Spotlight = $9.95?? It was on sale, but I can't find the receipt.
Bias: made from remnant of cotton bastiste
Thread: from stash
Total: $9.95

4 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!!! This fabric is so cute, I really want it. And the Tiny Pocket Tank is such a lovely little pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stuff! Looks lovely on you and the different prints work surprisingly well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely I bought some of this fabric too, great minds....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I really love this! I went to Spotlight yesterday and scored big on their clearance table, with two fabrics I had been ogling recently but didn't want to fork out for and another I had never seen and just love. But... I didn't look at anything else and man I wish I'd seen that. Just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)