Saturday, October 20, 2012

Chair finished.

My husband is quite pleased to see the back of this chair. Not literally :) It's been taking up 'valuable' space in his garage for quite some time.
I've only just managed to finish the timber after finishing the upholstery in early August. It only took just shy of 2 years to finish the whole chair. Not too bad right?

At least it is finished and just in time for my next projects, which will look great on my yet-to-be-built back deck....
 Cane Armchair from the side of the road :)
Six cane dining chairs picked up for a song from Gumtree.

In other news, working is killing me right now. I have two weeks of seriously full on stuff to do before I'll hopefully being able to relax a little and maybe start thinking about the silly season. I've noticed some of my other teaching blogger friends have not posted for a while, so I suspect it is busy for all of us. I might not be around much for the next couple of weeks. I have 4 items finished, but am struggling to find the time to photograph them (hence the rushed garage shots of these chairs!).

Happy weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Great looking chair and your side of the road find is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The upholstered chair is just beautiful and I can't wait to see what you do with the cane ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your chair! The fabric was an inspired choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)