Friday, September 28, 2012

Burda Dress with Knot Front

Right after I announced a fabric diet recently, I headed to Spotlight to buy lining fabric for this jacket and happened to also buy some lovely Japanese seersucker.Doh! It's sad when you can't stick to your own self imposed goals!
What's worse. This fabric was full price at the time. Who buys fabric from Spotlight full price?? Well it appears I now do.
I knew that I wanted to make the Burda twist front dress with the fabric, so made sure it happened quickly to compensate for my lack of judgement.
Not much to say about this dress. It's eats a bit of fabric with not much change from 2.5 meters. The dress came together quickly. I didn't line the dress, so will need to wear a slip to stay decent.

Dress Cost
Pattern: Burda Dress with Knot Front #108 - traced from Library magazine = free
Fabric: 2.5m Japanese seersucker from Spotlight $37.50
Zipper: $3
Total: $40.50

5 comments:

  1. That looks great! I love that style, and it looks fantastic for summer in such a light cool fabric. And who DOES buy fabric from Spotlight full price? You definitely fell in love with this one - deservedly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks super, great teaming of the fabric and pattern on this one! Well worth the full-price tag from Spotlight. Sadly, their deal at the moment is 30% of homewares, not fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely fabric, and it didn't get stashed so it doesn't count :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grogeous dress. Is this for work or play?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great style. Suits you loads. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)