Monday, September 10, 2012

Adele's Lucy Top

With thanks to Pinterest, I purchased the recently released Lucy top pattern from Shwin & Shwin. It is an easy pattern to sew and I think it's particularly cute. I love the button front and the little tucks in the sleeve caps, which also make this pre-school friendly as kids must have sleeves these days for pre-school and daycare.
I made this with a remnant of linen from my jacket and lined it with a pink, dotted quilting cotton. I think next time I may even try binding it, rather than lining. Just to keep it more lightweight for summer. I made a size three, but may size down next time as it gapes a little at the back. I also didn't add the pockets, just because I was in too much of a rush.
Can you believe I didn't get one over smile from the kid during this photo session? Don't be fooled by these seemingly compliant, happy photos though. Adele has been quite challenging this past week. She is really pushing the boundaries with everything and often tipping us over the edge, ending up being sent to her room or to time out.
Good thing she is so cute though. Here's her favourite "cool trick" for you all.

I'll be back tomorrow with more of Adele week.

5 comments:

  1. I think we might follow some of the same people on pinterest as I spotted and added this top recently too. Yours (Adele's) turned out super cute and now I'm itching even more to give it a go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I actually saw this pattern on her blog last week and bookmarked it. I love the overlapped front, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Why must kids have sleeves at daycare? Is it for sun protection?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable top and adorable little girl! Love the "trick"! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)