Sunday, September 9, 2012

Adele Week

There has been some crazy, frantic, creativeness happening in this room lately. Can you tell?
I can't explain it, but for the last few days I've felt this incredible desire to make clothes for Adele. As I mentioned before, I haven't done this for a while, but now I can't stop! In fact I stayed up until midnight sewing for the little devil. Speaking of which, AWESOME night!! Husband and kids went to bed early, so I enjoyed a number of quiet hours sewing and enjoying a wine or two. Bliss!! I know I'm among friends when I talk on this blog, so I'm sure you can understand how wonderful those hours can be. My non-sewing friends would just think its insane to enjoy sewing alone on a Saturday night.

I now have a new mini spring mini wardrobe for the little one, but rather than show you in one big post (that frankly I don't want to write) I'll try to blog them all this week. I think I have enough for a whole week, which is why I've renamed this week: 'Adele Week'. Are you excited?

Now I know that not all of you visit this blog for kids clothes, so if you are not interested, please feel free to come back next week. I have another finished item for me, made with silk, but will hold off until her super cute clothes (and horrendous over smiles) are shown.

Hope you have a good week. First garment tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. I completely understand the joy of sewing alone (with wine, and preferably also with chocolate) on a Saturday night! Looking forward to Adele week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's comforting to see that I'm not the only one who ends up in such a glorious mess after fits of creative output. I'm also looking forward to seeing what Adele week brings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can wait to see the work you have put into Adele's mini wardrobe - lucky little thing she is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous you get a whole room to yourself to make such a lovely mess! looking forward to seeing what you have made :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness your sewing room looks like mine :-) I love being in the house by myself sewing, the whole world could be partying and I could not care less. I'm excited as my husband is taking the girls away for two weeks, I have to work but all the nights are FREE. I am going away for a long weekend to see them but I can't wait til it's just ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I thought you were going to say that was Adele's room, perhaps after throwing lots of clothes around :-). Yes, I agree - utter bliss and luxury to get a free evening for sewing, and I'll look forward to seeing what you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy. I find fabric on the floor leads to excellent and unexpected combinations. That is my excuse for keeping quite a lot of it lying there...
    Those pretty fabric scraps look very promising for the Adele week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see what you've created this week ! And I love evenings sewing on my own. With some chocolate ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yah! My favorite sewing is for my daughter so I am looking forward to Adele week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)