Monday, July 16, 2012

Vogue 1306

I think my run of knit t-shirts may be over for a while, I have quite a few now, but I dare say this is my absolute favourite.
The pattern is Vogue 1306, which is a Rebecca Taylor pattern. I made view B with a front placket, shaped hem, short sleeves and gathered waist or under bust. This t-shirt is extremely flattering and I'm still pinching myself over how well it is finished.
I followed the instructions to a tee, making a straight size XS as the finished bust size for this 'fitted' tee was 34 inches, which I'm lucky to measure at with very generous undergarments :) The only change I made to the pattern was to fold the sleeves over once more than specified, so that the outer dots appeared on the fold over, not the underside of the fabric. Does that make sense?
The fabric is a cotton knit with black flocked dots. I picked this up on a recent trip to the Remnant Warehouse. I had enough of a remnant to make Adele two pairs of very much needed tights, but since I've made so many of these for her, I find them terribly unblogworthy on their own, even if she does look rather stunning in them.

I think I'll definitely make this pattern up again. Next time I might even extend the gathers around the back too or perhaps make a sleeveless version for summer.

Cost
Pattern: Vogue 1306 $9 inc part shipping
Fabric: Cotton knit with flocked dots. I think I purchased 1.1m @ $10.40, but they over measured slightly which made it possible to make Adele's tights too.
Thread from stash
Total: &19.40

9 comments:

  1. Cute top. Always nice to have a big win. I thought the first photo a model on the cover of a pattern envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new photos! Stepping it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this Christy. The idea of making my own tee's leaves me pretty cold, but if I could knock up afew like this I just might warm to the idea.

    Spied the tin can pencil holders in the background there too. Great minds think alike! I've been tempted afew times to replace mine with nice, brightly coloured versions available from stationary stores at exorbitant prices but love the fact I'm just using (very effectively) whats on hand. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute. I just made the frilly version of this pattern and was wondering how the other version would look made up, as the sleeves on the cover look quite frumpy. Yours looks so much cuter than the pattern envelope. I'm surprised that there are no reviews for this pattern yet.

    Go on, show us the tights. I don't often comment on children's clothing but I still like to see it, and then you will have a record of how much you sewed for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Christy, I bought this pattern about a month ago and it's great to see it made so successfully on a real person! It's just moved way up my sewing queue. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so comfy but definitely flattering!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)