Sunday, June 10, 2012

Serious Seam Ripping

Just thought I'd share a new gadget that I've been using these past few weeks. It's a Gingher Seam Ripper with retractable blade.

It wasn't cheap, but it's very good, and fast, and it looks seriously dangerous! I'm quite worried about what will happen if the kids get their hands on this, so am very conscious about keeping it up high.
The over locked edge above took just minutes to rip out. The replaceable blade is so shape the fabric doesn't warp or fray during seam ripping, which is extremely handy when you can't afford to hog up any more seam allowance to re-sew a seam after a boo boo.
With all the knits I've been sewing lately (and lazily using my over locker instead of my regular machine for the first row of stitches) this little baby has gotten a good work out. I'm still yet to test it on button holes, but I'm sure it will do a lovely neat job.

Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. This looks awesome and scary. I'm in desperate need of a new seam ripper so I'll have to keep an eye out for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks handy! Maybe I should get one too, my seam ripper is very tiny and it does the job badly. Thank you for your great blog, I've been a reader for a while but just now registered :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen one of those, but since I spend a lot of time with seam ripper in hand anything that makes it quicker and easier would be handy. Was this a Spotlight purchase, or from somewhere else? Do share!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)