Sorry about the bad photo, but it's night time.
So what have I been up to?? Well...
- I'm in the final stages of my second Darling Ranges dress, made with Liberty Mitsi in Grey from my stash - yum! I'm already planning my third!!
- I have an almost finished mustard jacket made in ponti - are you intrigued?? Hopefully it will be finished soon.
- I have a muslin of a winter coat made. I just need to cut into my lovely green/blue/blackish wool/cashmere, and
- I've hopefully resurrected silk blouse...maybe. Fingers crossed.
- I also have one boy quilt basted and one quilted. The boys really need warm blankets on their beds so these really need to be finished.
- And lastly, I've started knitting again. This time a Sweet Peasy for Adele in a lovely dark red/orange yarn from Bendigo.
On life. Well, it's good. I worked today and am happy.
On teeth. Well, it's not so good. Oliver will be heading into day surgery on Thursday to have two cavities fixed under a general anasthetic and it makes me feel like the worst mum on the planet! The dentists - yes more than one - have said the problems have stemmed from a mix of things - snacking, food choices and brushing teeth.
Yes we snack - quite a bit. I do, the kids do, we all do - apparently it's not good.
Food - we eat well, quite healthy in fact. We don't eat lollies or other sweets, cordial, soft drinks or any overly sweet foods. Apparently sultanas can be a massive culprit in cavities in-between teeth We started eating sultana bran a few months ago....*sigh*
Teeth brushing with three kids so close in age is tough. Really tough. How does Retro Mummy do it?? There's always someone resisting. Sometimes we drop the ball, more often it's me as I'm the one caring for these kids the most.
Anyway, a bunch of painful $$ later and Ollie will have fixed teeth. Two steps forward, one step back.
In other news - it's my birthday tomorrow. Bit of a non event really, but I'm looking foward to a fabric buying adventure in the coming week or so with mum to celebrate.