Friday, March 30, 2012

Fast

Kylie pinned this dress earlier this week. Love Pinterest!

I purchased the pattern that day.

Stuck and cut yesterday.

This morning, before I took Ollie to school, I stole half an hour at the machine to make this sweet dress for Adele.
Totally adorable! I imagine there will be a few of these made for winter.

I used some cheap, mystery knit that has been maturing in my stash for a few years. It's like a knit that you would make a polo shirt with. Is that called sweater knit?? Anyway, it only cost a couple of dollars a meter at time, so I stocked up. It's an unusual dark green and navy mix. Don't you think the dark colour kinda makes it look a little like that robe that Fryer Tuck would wear in Robin Hood?? I might have to use a more girly colour next time!
A few of the school mums asked if I took special orders. But, I certainly do not. I'm far too selfish with my sewing time these days.

Hope you have an exciting weekend planned. I'm out tonight for a ladies night with all the kindy mums. So sad, but I can't wait!

11 comments:

  1. Aw what a cutie! This is awesome. I found your blog yesterday and have you in reader now. Let me know if you're in Melbourne and we can go fabric shopping together XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. Love whipping stuff up so quickly for the kiddos. If it is that polo shirt fabric, I think it may be a pique or lacoste knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fabulous, love it!! Also want to steal two of your phrases here "maturing stash fabric" & "mystery knit" as i am a self taught seamstress, so many knits & material types are indeed, a mystery to me beyond cotton, linen, rayon, polyester, wool etc, giggles, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is sooo cute and I loves that you whipped it up in a morning!!! And enjoy your night out too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you. are. a. sewing. freak!!!! I too purchased this pattern earlier this week, after discovering it via the the make it perfect blog. Unlike you however mine is still sitting in my inbox........

    This ones gonna be a winter staple, Adele looks adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! She looks so happy in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes me wish I had a little girl to sew for. I love this pattern and your daughter looks really cute in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I think the dark colour makes it look a little more sophisticated than a girls colour - but a girls colour would be cute too! I cannot believe you sewed this before school - I can barely get everyone dressed, fed, and out the door! amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it - I have it sitting here - just have to make it to the shops (read a now one hour drive away) to buy some fabric. She looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! I need to get me some knit fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this pattern. And I love your version. She looks adorable.
    I made it up for my little girl (not before school I hasten to add)in a stripy velour and get compliments every time she wears it. I love that people think its an expensive boutique dress when it's anything but.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)