Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cracking 300 and some winners!

So, I appear to have surpassed 300 public followers (just) on Google friend connect. I know that I have other RSS feed subscribers, but I really love seeing the profiles of people that follow my blog, which is why this is so nice.

To celebrate this momentous achievement, I thought I'd share 7 things about myself that you probably don't know. I don't do this sort of personal stuff often. Are you interested? Well, I'm going to write it anyway.

  • My birthday is approaching and I will be turning an age which is closer to 35, than 30. I'm not too worried about getting older. I think my 30s, so far, have been far better than my 20s, but I am finding myself more worried about wrinkles. I have a new one under my left eye that I just can't figure out. When I smile or frown it doesn't crease, but it is there and I don't like it. So tell me, what magical anti-wrinkle potion do you use?
  • I am one of 4 kids. I have an older sister, a younger sister and a younger brother. I also have an older half brother. I am a middle child and I AM OK!
  • To date, I have not explained my blog name. Little Betty isn't my alter ego. It isn't my nickname or any other pseudonym that I go by. It is *yawn* the name of my dog. Sad? Yes. Boring? Yes. When I needed a name for my first sewing business, I thought it was cute and suited the kiddy clothes market. It continued to suit the bonnet biz, but now I'm a little bored of it and thinking I should get a more mature, sewing related blog name. I just need some inspiration. Do you have a suggestion for me??
 Black Betty.
She's a little older than this now.
She has a funny under bite, so you can always see her bottom teeth.
  • I always knew I was going to have three kids - two boys and a girl. I was very disappointed when I found out my second boy, James, was a boy. Not because he was a boy, but because he came in the wrong order. In my plans, I was supposed to have boy - girl - boy! Regardless though, I'm stoked I got the order that I did. The boys play so well together, and Adele, well she wishes she could be a boy too.
  • I've been with my husband for over 15 years. We got together after high school. He's pretty cool. He fixes stuff. He builds stuff. He does stuff around the house. He's a keeper.
  • I was a cheeky and loud kid growing up, and not too pleasant on the eye - freckles, sunburn, stringy blonde hair, bad fringe, etc. In fact, earlier this evening, my father described me as ornery child (I had to look up the definition). Apparently James is my revenge. I changed though, and grew up into a horrible teenager. In high school I was clever and performed very well academically, but I ran with the wrong crowd in a major way. I'm actually quite surprised that I turned out as normal as I did. I think my parents are too!
    That fringe! There are far worse photos - trust me!
  • I'm mostly, a self taught sewer. My textiles teacher at school sewed one of my projects for me and she still marked it, but didn't give herself full marks. I have completed one community college sewing class, but I really don't think it taught me anything more than I already knew. I have always been exposed to sewing and creating though. My mum used to make our clothes when we were kids. I was somewhat interested in what she did, but I don't think anyone would have thought I'd become the obsessive sewer that I have.
 Matching outfits that my mother made for us kids.
I'm always the one pulling the goofy faces! Oh regret!

Phew! I feel so refreshed getting all that out - he he!  I'd like to take this opportunity to shout out to some of my followers who have given me blog awards recently. I'm not the best at keeping them going, but this is my attempt to share the bloggy love and show that I'm not the polished, super mum that I appear to be on this blog (please don't ever think that!).

So, to the winners in my Seam Allowance Guide Giveaway. Drum roll please..... Congratulations to:


i have a bunch of burda magazine patterns that would make the guide really handy. thanks for the giveaway!

I would love one of these! One of the reasons that I don't use traced patterns as often as I should (as well as having to trace them) is the adding of the seam allowances. For me I might use some of my plentiful copies of Ottobre much more with one of these gadgets!


I'd use the guide for Japanese patterns. I've been putting off buying them because of the lack of seam allowances on the patterns! I'd definitely start buying Burda patterns too.

I'll send all of you an email shortly to confirm your details.

Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

9 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'm a winner! And I loved reading your "seven things". I feel as though I know you better now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos, how many wines have you had? It's way past your bedtime too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to learn a bit more about you! I wanted three kids, too, but it just wasn't financially feasible at the time, and now that the first two are older I'm not prepared to go back to diapers and sleepless nights.

    Congratulations on your 300 followers, and to your giveaway winners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. always nice to find out a little something about the person behind the words :).

    I love your blog name, in fact it's what made me initially click through from a link on another blog (Rachel's I think) because that is one of our pet names for kidlet number 2! By the same token though I'm abit over my blog name too. It was all I could think of at the time and is based on the fact sweet peas are my favorite flower and that I sometimes refer to my kids that way...........

    Congrats on the 300 followers, it's well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm one of four and in the exact same spot - older sister, younger sister, and then younger brother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, yay! I'm ridiculously thrilled! And I liked reading your seven things very much! I have four kids and I sometimes see them matching outfits. Oops. I used to think matching outfits were too twee but now I've changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on 300 followers! thanks again for the win. i'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo of you with your sisters and brother - that is Ollie's smile exactly! Weird. I like Little Betty. Don's change it. Love C (CNDI)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)