Thursday, February 16, 2012

Twisted bubble skirt

This is one of those moments when the kid wouldn't let me take her photo, so here's my lame photographic offering to show this super cute, little skirt.
This is a self drafted bubble skirt, which has an elastic casing sewn to the lining to give the bubble effedt and the lining and outer twisted to give a slanted drape along the bottom of the skirt.
Not the best pictures,  but I think you get my drift.

I made this with a remnant of fabric from my BurdaStyle Heidi dress, which was made with lovely, crepey fabric from Tessuti. This is the second time I've made Adele a bubble skirt with a remnant from this dress. This second remnant came about when I realised I didn't leave enough ease around the hips of my Heidi dress and decided it was too good not to wear. I ended up trekking back to Tessuti, buying another piece of fabric and inserting a panel through the middle of the skirt back, replicating the one at the front, in which I was able to add a little extra fabric for movement.

So this is another ease story which thankfully came good. My biggest mistake with this dress was to forget to look at the hip measurements before making this dress. At the time of making this frock, I was on a roll of sewing more full skirted styles, so didn't have to look at the hip measurement. Just a big 'doh!' moment really.

Anyway, dress fixed and I have another cute skirt for Adele, which she desperately needs. I'm finding the whole toilet training thing is easier with skirt and dresses

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I want one of these skirts for me! Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for sharing this post. Baby look awesome in bubble dress. Those want to buy designer clothes for kids, then they should go for hg clothing to buy designer kids clothes at very good prices,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful skirt. i like it. I also want to share with you latest online designer printed dress materials from G3 fashions surat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)