Not the best pictures, but I think you get my drift.
I made this with a remnant of fabric from my BurdaStyle Heidi dress, which was made with lovely, crepey fabric from Tessuti. This is the second time I've made Adele a bubble skirt with a remnant from this dress. This second remnant came about when I realised I didn't leave enough ease around the hips of my Heidi dress and decided it was too good not to wear. I ended up trekking back to Tessuti, buying another piece of fabric and inserting a panel through the middle of the skirt back, replicating the one at the front, in which I was able to add a little extra fabric for movement.
So this is another ease story which thankfully came good. My biggest mistake with this dress was to forget to look at the hip measurements before making this dress. At the time of making this frock, I was on a roll of sewing more full skirted styles, so didn't have to look at the hip measurement. Just a big 'doh!' moment really.
Anyway, dress fixed and I have another cute skirt for Adele, which she desperately needs. I'm finding the whole toilet training thing is easier with skirt and dresses