Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mission Maxi

This dress came together so quickly and I really enjoyed making it, which is a welcome change to the laborious sewing that's been going on here lately.
I borrowed this pattern today and it took less than 2 hours to trace, cut, sew and photograph. Oh it feels sooooo good!!
It hugs in all the right places and has enough ease in others for comfort and walking.

Not much else to say really, except that I cut a mix of sizes - 6 bust, 10 waist, 8 hip. The binding is neat, especially considering I don't sew stretch often. Although after this success, I may have to venture into more stretch sewing.

Dress cost:
Pattern: Jamie Christina, Mission Maxi - borrowed from Rachel = free
Fabric:  Poly 4 way stretch fabric from Jack Textiles, Marrickville. 2 meters = $6
Thread from stash
Total cost $6

5 comments:

  1. Very stylish! And looks nice and comfy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might have convinced me to make a maxi dress for summer. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dress! I have looked at this pattern for awhile, but never bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAbulous dress. Nothing wrong with easy sewing, somethings that's all I feel like doing when I want to relax.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)