Monday, January 30, 2012

Crochet

On our recent holiday I got stuck back into my crochet blanket. This is a slow burn project.... S-L-O-W-W-W-W. I originally wanted it to be a queen size, until I realised how many squares I'd need - I think 500 to 600 or something. Now I am aiming to make a generous couch size blanket with 300 squares, something large enough for me and the kids on a cold morning.
I started this blanket back in December 2010, so referring back to my original time frame of 2 years, I have 10 months to finish it. I really want to finish for this winter though, so I'm pushing through. Thankfully, I still love the colours and design as much today as I did when I began.

I now have 100 fully complete, white framed circles. I also have 70 coloured medallions and another 130 inner circles. It feels like I've done so much recently, but still I have so far to go. I had planned to crochet as I go, to join the squares, but it just isn't practical in an Australian summer to crochet with a large blanket on your lap. I also think sewing the squares will be a little stronger. So those little kiddie toes don't rip the blanket!

Details Ravelled here.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! It's going to be amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are your colours. Lucky you're not sick of them, that happens to me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have six circles left over from the one I made... would you like them. They're out of BWM yarn ... not the same colours as yours... but if you want them they're yours!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)