I know I sew quite a bit, not as much as some sewing bloggers, but I didn't realise how much until I saw it like this.
In total I made 50 items including:
- 25 dresses
- 6 skirts
- 10 tops
- 1 playsuit
- 3 pairs of pants
- 2 pairs of jeans
- 1 nighty and
- 2 pairs of PJ pants
Clearly though, not all of these items are on high rotation in my wardrobe. Some have been given to my sister or other friends, others have been refasioned, some just binned.
My favourite and most worn items, in no particular order, include:
Since the new year starts shortly, I thought I'd jot down a few sewing goals for 2012.
- Make less dresses! No one needs 25 dresses per year!
- Make more seperates - pants, skirts and tops - things that are suitable for teaching.
- Make a couple of winter jackets and maybe another cape
- Concentrate on finishing my crochet blanket
- Focus on knitting projects until they are finished
- Focus on quality and finishing with each garment - there's no prize for finishing the most things
- Use more solids and less wild prints - this will be hard!
I think I'll also aim to keep my sewing space a little more organised (like the rest of the house), maybe give more handmade gifts (I really let the ball drop on this one at Christmas) and be more restrainted with sewing purchases (how many patterns does one need??).
As this is my last post for 2011, I just wanted to say thanks so much for stopping at my blog to read about my
See ya later 2011!