I've managed to steal some moments to hide in my sewing room these last few days, thanks to the husband being home, and now I have a new summer frock. I just need some summery weather now!
Burda dress #118 from 06/2010, though I have modified it heavily. I'm not a big fan of maxi dresses. I wish I could wear them - do they make short people appear shorter?
Anyway, I took the princess seam bodice from this pattern, slapped on a waistband, then attached a skirt - easy right?? No - not so! The points of the bodice, where the straps are attached, were way too overwhelming for my frame, so I re shaped them as shown below, straightening the top of the bodice and removing some excess from the side.
Meringue skirts. They are just too good to hate because they don't have pockets.
Nani Iro dobby cotton, which I purchased on sale from Matatabi quite a while ago. I just love this fabric, it has a lovely drapey, crepe-like feel. The main problem with this fabric, is that it is white, which doesn't agree with my life these days. You know, grubby kids and all. I lined the entire dress including the skirt with white voile. I trimmed the lining with lace - just because.
Hope you are enjoying a few stolen moments doing the things you love!