Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stylish Dress Book - Dress 'N'

I can't stop dreaming about summer and as you can see, I'm planning for it already!
I can just imagine wearing this light summer dress on a hot humid day, watching the kids wading in the pool and eating watermelon.... As soon as the first heat wave hits, I'll be ready!
This dress was made with an Autumn Winter 2011 seasonal Liberty tana lawn called Rock & Roll Rachel. The muted red tones with a hint of gold and orange are just lovely.
The pattern is dress 'N' from Stylish Dress Book. It is very straightforward and fast to make. I only recently purchased this book and am already planning a few projects with it. I purchased the English version of it, and while I don't have a problem with using any Japanese patterns books, it is nice being able to read the text :)
I used french seams throughout, just to keep things neat. The only alterations made to the pattern was adding 4 inches to the length, which enabled a deeper hem to be sewn, and making the back elastic a little shorter. I also added a couple of wooden beads to the back ties, just because.

Happy sewing!

8 comments:

  1. The perfect dress for eating watermelon with your feet in a wading pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! You've made me want to buy that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so cool and comfortable, but also really stylish... perfect! I have had this book on my wishlist for so long and then had some paypal money to spend and bought some random book which I regret even more now that I've seen this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Really flattering, pretty and comfortable looking. I have this book and I must put that pattern on my list for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the perfect summer dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and LOVE it! I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! You look great in it. I have that book but haven't made anything yet... I need to pull my finger out! Maybe it's because it's in Japanese... I should have waited!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)