Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sister Sewing: The Blanket Tova

So it appears I'm not the only one that liked my blanket Tova from this past winter. It was on high rotation in my wardrobe on chilly days.
I made this Tova tunic for my sister with a wool blend fabric from My Hung. I think it's a most suitable garment for the upcoming Toronto winter.
From a sewing point of view, I really need to point out how awesome my fabric matching was on this garment. I matched and reversed the fabric check pattern at a number of points, not just the side seams, which took some extra time and thought, but I think it makes a much nicer garment.

Tis all for now - happy sewing all!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)