A little while ago I committed to making 5 dresses in 5 weeks and this is my final installment. I finished this last week, but thought blogging about the crap in my sewing room was more interesting than this frock.
Vogue 8469. I'm really not sold on this design. It's boring and dowdy and the sleeves aren't my style. I don't remember why I wanted to make it. It is well made and well fitted though. I think it looks OK on, and will make a comfortable teaching dress, but, well, blah!
Tessuti and it is nice and possibly saves the dress from the scrap pile. The pattern came together well and was super easy to make. I cut a number of sizes, 8 on top, 12 waist and a 10 skirt. I shortened the skirt to reduce the dowdyness and also omitted the sash as I didn't think it would work on me. I did have plans to contrast the sash and waistband in solid black, but couldn't find a solid black fabric in the right colour to go with the main fabric.
This dress will do, but it isn't awesome.
I'm back at university today. Hopefully the semester will fly by!