"Gee, you must be sick if you haven't sewn for three days!"
The words spoken by my husband on Saturday.
Yep, I've been sick. Very sick. Coughing and spluttering all over the joint. Worse though, now that I am feeling better, I am also now broken. We decided yesterday to shift rooms in our house. I've been enjoying the luxury of a HUGE sewing space for about 2 years and it was always going to come to an end one day. Unfortunately, moving furniture up and down the stairs hasn't agreed with my back. According to my physiotherapist, I'm not very strong. This probably means that we should have asked for help to get the mattress and chest of drawers upstairs, rather than lugging it up ourselves. Worse again, is that my sewing space is in a woeful state of chaos. Crap on top of crap, on top of fabric, on top of patterns. It makes me want to cry looking at it!
But enough about me. How about the kids? Well, Adele is now sick and horribly clingy. James is just his regular middle child self and Ollie, well he's broken too.
So there is my sad and sorry situation right now.
The good things right now that are stopping me from getting too down:
- Ollie is happy about his plaster cast.
- Adele went straight to bed tonight
- The boys love their new room
- My husband is being extremely sympathetic about my back
- My physiotherapist is pretty awesome and I was able to celebrate my visit to him by tying my shoelaces before I left his office.
- I got into the university tutorials that I wanted
- I won a cute retro sewing pattern from Justine
- I'm heading out to dinner with some good girlfriends tomorrow night
- Tomorrow is a daycare day and even though Adele will be with me, one is easier than three!
I am hopeful that the rest of the week will be undramatic and easy. How are you tracking right now? Any dramas to speak of?