Thursday, April 14, 2011

This is a sewing blog, right??

It's been a while since I posted about anything sewing related. Looking back it's been over two weeks - eeekk! So despite the business, stress and drama of life, I allocated myself 1 hour of sewing time on Monday night, to treat myself for making it through the day without going completely nuts.

Even though I have two unfinished projects waiting for my attention, I knew I needed to work on a quick and easy project. Something that I could start and finish in one sitting. Here it is.
This sweet little dress is made with the new Wonderland pattern by Toni at Make it Perfect. I just love the ribbon trim around the hem and the sleeves. It makes this dress so quick to make.


I won this pattern last week and it arrived on Monday. Perfect timing for a little quick sewing and Adele just happens to need a dress to wear this weekend to a little, pre-Easter party we are attending.

I made the dress with just half a meter of this lovely fabric from Clothworks called Le Jardin Butterfly. I managed to squeeze it from such a small cut, by lining the dress in a different fabric.
Clearly, the dress was a breeze to make. It was pretty much all completed except for the hem (for measuring purposes) within 1 hour, including tracing. The only tricky parts were attaching the sleeves, as there is a little resistance against the bodice when attaching, and the pleats do take a little time to get neat. But the result is fantastic and did I mention super cute??

Looking forward to more sewing time. I might be able to squeeze another hour in over the weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Very sweet and lovely :) I do like the pleating detail in the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And lucky you to win the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such pretty fabric. And a beautiful dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress looks lovely. Just the sewing tonic for an interesting week you've been having.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! You have got to love quick patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tested that pattern for Toni and I agree, it is a cute dress pattern. It looks great on your little model too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)