Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The postman delivers

So I caved and purchased what is likely to be the most expensive pattern that I'll ever purchase.
PlayPay, PlayPal, how I love thee! It really is pretend money. I would never normally purchase a pattern for this much, but as I didn't actually have the money or see it in my account, it doesn't feel like a bad thing. And there's no point taking money out of PayPal at the moment as we lose money transferring to Australian dollars.

The pattern is traced and I'll hopefully make a muslin later today, after I've finished some more uni work. I think I'll be making a few of these this winter. Lovely cosy flannel dresses over tights with boots. I also don't have anything in my stash for a wearable dress, so will have to hit the shops.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a very cute pattern. Can't wait to see the finished result. If it's a great pattern then it's worth the extra expense. I know..much easier to spend paypal money isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you manage to get your hands on it?? I want this! But I would need the large - just tell me your secrets!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pattern. I saw something similar on someone else's blog a couple of months ago. I wish I could remember who it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read about this pattern before but I could not bring myself to buy it for that much. I would love to see your version!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't PayPal just the best pretend money ever?? PlayPal, i love it!! Oh do show & tell what magic you make with this newly posted pattern. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just received my Tova pattern last week too! I can't believe I finally got one, it ALWAYS sells out, and then it just appeared on the Big Cartel site. Tessuti has a beautiful Japanese cotton check at the moment, I think I'm going to make a dress in that.

    And you're so right about PayPal being like play money. The other advantage is that anything I buy with PayPal doesn't show up on a credit card statement, so I don't have to explain to anyone why I spent that much on a sewing pattern ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)