Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Pin Place

I just thought I'd take a short moment to tell you about this very cool little invention that makes my sewing life a little easier. Seriously, I don't think I could sew without it! Well that might me a little over the top, but I definitely love this little contraption and it certainly makes sewing a lot easier.

Here is it - The Pin Place, aka the Scissor spot:

Here it is on my machine:
Basically, it's a little magnet attached to a suction cup that you stick to the front of your machine.  Even though I have five pin cushions, I don't always have one on hand when I'm at the machine. I'm sure the boys hide them when they are in my sewing space.

My old machine used to have a little channel across the front which was handy for stashing pins when a cushion wasn't handy. Like pictured below.
This new machine has no such channel, which makes this little magnetic spot so handy.
Now that I'm used to having this little gadget, I don't know how I could ever sew without one!

I can't seem to find many places that sell the pin place online, but if you do stumble on one in a shop, I highly recommend buying it. I picked mine up on holiday when I was down on the south coast of NSW, from a little shop called Sew and Tell in Berry. If you haven't been there, you really should try to go. It's a wonderful place that you could easily get lost in for hours and hours.

Tis all for now. I'll be back later with real sewing news, once I finish another assignment - boo!

3 comments:

  1. I love Sew and Tell in Berry, I have only been once, but ever since I have been planning my return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I *need* one of those!
    How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would take my eye out if I had something on my machine there LOL - I am a slightly clutsy though:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)