Saturday, April 9, 2011

Busy and tired

So you may have noticed that my productivity has dropped significantly this past week or so. Looking back, I can see that I haven't blogged any finished items or even any WIPS for over a week now. This is because other life priorities are stealing all of my time. When I'm not being a mum, I'm either studying or working (extra shifts to help out - boo!).

I have a major assignment due this Wednesday and it's already over 21 full pages at 11pt! Waaayy too long, but that's what needs to be done. Thankfully, it's not a research assignment, just a very wordy one. Then the week after I have another assignment due, then one week off, then three more assignments, one due each week for the next three weeks. After that, I'll be on holidays for almost three months - yay!!! But that still doesn't help me get through the work right now.

Anywho, hopefully I'll be able to show off something soon. I'm part way through a full skirt made with some lovely turquoise and violet gingham silk make with Simplicity 2215 and I'm almost finished a denim Beignet skirt. I just need to make some fitting modifications.

I also have a stack of plans that I'd love to see materialise, including Vogue 8028 and the Heidi dress from Burda Style, totally inspired by this one. As well as the Village Frock and the new Make it Perfect dress pattern, Wonderland, that I won this week from Toni.

So many plans. At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel and I'll get to them soon.
Because every post needs a photo, here's Ollie's in his favourite photo, with his favourite toy and wearing his favourite PJs.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you get some rest this weekend. It sounds like you've had a big week. Look forward to seeing the finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very quickly clicked over to the Beignet skirt because I was so excited about a doughnut skirt! (you know that beignet is a french doughnut right?), Disappointed that it looks nothing like deep fried dough treats :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing your Beignet skirt, I've been thinking about ordering that pattern for ages. Have you sewn with Collette patterns before? I haven't tried one yet, but they look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)