New Look 6774, but please don't rush out and buy this pattern to make a dress like this. I had to quite significantly alter the bodice of this pattern to get it like this, but I'm really glad I did.
Innocent Crush line and fully lined the dress in voile from Lincraft.
I adore this fabric. As soon as I received it I was just itching to make something. But my plans changed a few times. I'm so glad that I ended up making this truly cool and wearable dress though. I even wore it to our street Christmas party last night and got a bunch of compliments from people that don't know that I sew or that it was handmade - yay!!
So the changes I made to the pattern include:
- narrowing the shoulder straps
- reshaping the cross over bodice by removing about an inch from the inner side of each piece
- removing about half and inch from the underarm/shoulder strap
- removing an inch from the bottom of the bodice
- repositioning the cross over, so that each inner cross over line angled down further reducing gaping at the 'v'
- omitting the bust gathers, in favour of a couple of unstitched darts under each side
- inserting an invisible zipper
The good news is that I still have about a meter of this fabric remaining, so I think I may still make another dress with it. Possibly a simple and easy pull-over dress with a sash - after all it's my specialty!
Pattern review is now here.