I wanted todays post to be a big reveal of my new dress, but alas, it is not.
You see I didn't follow the instructions when attaching the facing of the dress and serged the facing edge to finish it. Unfortunately this created a little too much bulk when stitching it down. So I spent last night unpicking the serged edge. Which, if you've ever unpicked a serged (overlocked) seam you'll know, is super fiddly and super time consuming work.
Here's the couch, or my creative space from last night. A dress in need of some attention, my much loved seam ripper (NOT!!) and a large pile of black thread.
Hopefully today I'll get a moment to press the facing and stitch it down, then I just need to hem it and I'll be done. Unfotunately the smallest member of the family is still sick, so all of this will depend on her state.
For more creative spaces, head over to Kirsty's.