Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Etsy vs Made it

Has anyone else thought way too much about which site they should be focusing on to sell their wares??

I just can't help but think that Etsy is tooo big. There is just tooo much stuff and don't even get me started on currency conversion.... I know there are ways to play the Etsy game, but to be honest, I'm just too busy.

I think it's important when selling handmade goods to remember what your customers want. Just because as a maker you know how to buy and sell online, doesn't mean your customers do. Some of my friends do not buy handmade items online, they hadn't even heard about Etsy or Made it until I handed them my card and then couldn't understand why they couldn't change Etsy to local currency.

Anywho - I can't keep doubling up on my listing fees forever, so I've decided for now Made it will be my primary online shop. International buyers are obviously more than welcome to buy from this shop and will probably be pleasantly surprised by the value of their dollars to ours.
Tis all for now - will have more sewing goodness to talk about tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. And Madeit is Shanean's sister in law's business! So you're supporting a family member of a part time MGer!

    C xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)